Monday, December 27, 2010

Making More Friends


Whew! It's good to be back.


Our trip to the Cliffs was quick but fulfilling. It was really rainy and windy. I could hardly keep my eyes open for the picture in my last entry because the rain stung my face. BEAUTIFUL STILL. The Cliffs are always a treat.


The family that I'm with bought John and I fish, chips, soup, and Guinness! We tried to pay but they refused. I am going to like this wedding a lot… I can tell.


We got to the Park Lodge after a bumpy ride through the Burren and everyone was already drinking at the PLH pub. We had a Guinness or two and proceeded to help the Foyle's to serve the whole crew a dinner. John and I helped with serving and cleaning dishes… its the least we could do to pay back the crew for having us. Rory is sick so we get to stay in the cottages for a few days…another reason to pay the Foyle's back. This time, I am in Cottage 6. My friend Tom and John and I are all in the cottage together… its wonderful.


John and I finished dishes and played Rugby '08 (video game). I've still got it.. beat John twice in it now. Afterwards, we joined the crew in the PLH pub/lounge. We drank a lot with all of the people at the wedding. All who were once strangers are now seemingly lifelong friends. So glad to be here.


TOM AND JOHN BEHIND THE PLH BAR


Walked down to the ocean. The path down to the beach has changed a bit, but John and I agreed that it was for the better. Saw some cows grazing by Galway Bay! I gotta remember to bring my camera for these things. More pictures to come… I promise. Tonight John and I are meeting up with some Irish friends in Galway. It will be good to see them again... can't wait! Wedding tomorrow, too!


until next time... slainte


No comments:

Post a Comment