Hey all!
This will be my last blog until a week from this Sunday, when I return back to the PLH. During that time, I will be visiting the following places in the Mediterranean:
| Departure Port | Date | Arrival Time | Departure Time |
| Barcelona | 10-18-2009 | -- | 07:00 PM |
| At Sea | 10-19-2009 | -- | -- |
| Valletta | 10-20-2009 | 08:00 AM | 03:00 PM |
| Naples/pompeii | 10-21-2009 | 08:00 AM | 07:00 PM |
| Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy | 10-22-2009 | 07:00 AM | 07:00 PM |
| Livorno | 10-23-2009 | 07:00 AM | 07:00 PM |
| Cannes | 10-24-2009 | 07:00 AM | 03:00 PM |
| Barcelona | 10-25-2009 | 05:00 AM | -- |
I will be taking lots of pictures, eating lots of food, and soaking up the sun! Can't wait... it should be a fantastic time.
Anyway, I will resume with a update from Wednesday. I had literature class in which we completed Synge's Playboy of the Western World and discussed none other than James Joyce. I got the honor of reading some of Finnegans Wake (which, might I add, is impossible). We were assigned "Dubliners" over break- I'm looking forward to that read.

After class, I was lucky enough to go for a run and... swim! It was 70 degrees and sunny. Absolutely gorgeous weather... we were so lucky. I spent the rest of the day in my swimsuit by the beach... it was incredible. We came back and watched Ireland play in a World Cup Qualifier and drank in the pub with JP- an all-around fantastic day.
Today we took a trip over to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. We were absolutely pumped, but unfortunately when we got there it was 5% visibility (foggest day ever). I am convinced that I will go back sometime (Mom and Dad..??!!) but it was a damn shame that we went all the way out there and saw very little. I did get to find a 4-Leaf clover (see picture) so hopefully that will bring us further luck!
That's about it! Tomorrow I'm going to help JP around the Hotel, perhaps take a run and cook up some hearty soup. Saturday, I catch a bus at 1:00p.m. to Dublin, and begin my exciting Fall Break. I'm pumped...
Until next time... mahalo
Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment